How to Unlock the Power of the Workforce to Drive More Innovation: A Conversation with Ann Hatcher
Shortages of workers, global pandemics, looming recessions, generations leaving, and new generations emerging. The workforce is a hot topic today for a good reason. If you’re a business leader, your greatest asset is your people. But how can you unlock the power of the workforce to drive more innovation? With the help of our very own human capital expert, Ann Hatcher, we are answering that important question in this episode.
About Ann Hatcher:
Ann Hatcher is a Senior Consultant at Thrivence, based in Nashville, with more than 25 years’ experience in all areas of human capital. Ann joins Thrivence from the Chief HR Officer role at Wellpath, a $2B private-equity backed healthcare company contracting with state and local governments. At Wellpath, Ann built a scalable HR function to support company growth. Prior to Wellpath, Ann held multiple VP roles at HCA Healthcare, one of the nation’s largest publicly traded hospital companies.
Ann’s experience includes:
- Executive Team Development: Enterprise and site/facility leadership assessment, organizational design, strategic communications, selection, and onboarding planning. Led process for enterprise COO, Chief Medical Officer, Division Presidents.
- Leadership Development: Led needs assessment and development of leadership training from first-level manager through hospital executive. Designed, implemented, and analyzed talent review and succession planning programs.
- Cultural Initiatives: Developed Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion strategy. Formed and led internal consulting team to assess hospital nurse retention challenges and support Chief Nursing Officers in implementing proven turnover reduction tactics.
- Human Capital strategic plan: Built three-year roadmap aligned with business strategy; established measurement system to build programs and track impact.
- Project Management Office: Established and led HR PMO, tools, and reporting to ensure completion of short- and long-term projects timely and within budget.
- Human Resources team development and integration: Assess HR function relative to strategic plan, organization design and leadership selection, communications plan.
Ann received a bachelor’s degree in Economics from Washington & Lee University and Master of Business Administration from Belmont University. She serves on the boards of the TN State Workforce Development Department, and the Urban League of Middle TN. She teaches Organizational Behavior as Adjunct Faculty at Belmont University’s Massey Graduate School of Business. Ann and her husband Scott reside in Nashville, where they are cheering on their recent college graduate son Joseph.